Saturday, June 11, 2011

3DS vs Vita

so with the closing of E3, Sony has left us with the pretty much final version of there new handheld, and I am left completely enthralled by it.  By no means am I a Sony fanboy, but slowly and surely they have been turning me into one.  Great products and great marketing (I find the Kevin Butler ad's awesome) combine to form a great company. 

At first I had my reservations.  The back facing touch screen seemed silly and awfully gimmicky.  But upon thinking about this there are so many applications.  While its probably not going to be used for anything involving precision the ability to have quick flicks presents many possibilites, whether it be for firing a gun or for some kind of quick time event.  that in combination with the front facing touch screen will allow for alot of playability.  I'm also glad with the decision to include two analog sticks, which will hopefully be better then the nub from the psp.  this will allow for a better playing experiance I would imageine for first person shooters, and third person adventure games, to allow for camera movement.  and thats just the tip of the iceburg on the Vita's features;  theres also the Camera, the OLED screen,  the Microphone, the SIXAXIS sensor, backwards compatipility, etc, etc.  there is so much packed into this little thing.  One thing I wasn't to crazy about was the LiveArea interface, but that's a small small complaint  And can i mention how GOOD it looks.  Demo's for LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, and MSG all looks incredible, far surpassing the PS2, and closely coming to the PS3.  Oh the best part?  its only for $250...

But if for some odd reason you don't want to put your 250 down on this, you can always pay 250 for the 3DS.  OK, I'm not completely aghast by the 3DS but i am pretty disappointed by it.  Just getting this out of the way:  I HATE the 3d fad. I hate how its taking over movies, TV, and now games.  When i first played the 3DS though, I was kind of impressed.  not having the glasses was a huge plus, and i thought Pilot Wings looked pretty cool.  but soon the flaws began to present themselves. Sure the 3D is nice but It only works when you're holding the 3DS at a certain angle.  which not only makes you feel goofy looking at certain times, but it completely frustrating considering that this is supposed to be a MOBILE device.  the point of the ARG games is that you are constantly moving around.  Sure you can turn the 3D off, but that defeats the point!  In terms of graphics, they are nice but nowhere near the Vita's. Game's wise I think we can expect the usual Nintendo copy pastes, which will sell millions of copies, while any new original games will hardly sell at all. 

I'm not going to say the 3DS is terrible but it has alot of catching up to do.  I feel that the Vita beats it in both hardware and software.  What are your guy's thoughts?  I would love to hear a defense of the 3DS

28 comments:

  1. the sony vita looks like its better and it will have better games

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! 3d IS FREAKING EVERYWHERE its so annoying and half the time doesn't even look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I prefer the VITA over the Sony for preferential reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure I'll be goin for a Vita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say the Vita is much more powerful and has the type of games I play so it wins in my view

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3d?? Wtf. . .just go outside and experience all the dimensions! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vita is going to be an exciting release for sure! Im looking forward to it! followed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah man, fuck the 3ds! And also exactly what jeramieetyler said! Either way, nice blog! flwr +1

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the 3ds, you make an interesting albeit tired point

    ReplyDelete
  10. the vita won't give me a headache and it will be transfarring compatible. 3DS can't compete.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good post. Vita wins. Followed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vita looks amazing. I can't wait for it to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to FIFA 12 myself..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vita will have the same fate as PSP Go, unless they get better games (not saying Drake or the music game is bad) the 3DS will beat the sales crap out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I might get a 3ds eventually when good games come out for it, or when it inevitably gets redesigned. But the Vita, meh. Most games on it are games I would rather play on my couch in front of my 58 inch tv.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't keep up with all this growing technology.
    Good post.
    Followed, brother.
    Hit me back

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely looking at the vita..... but the 3ds might be worth it for certain games. I'm so conflicted.

    ReplyDelete
  19. If I get either, it will easily be the Vita.

    ReplyDelete